jQuery script for sorting a select box’s option elements.
You can easily sort the items in select box ascending (A-Z) and descending (Z-A).
You can even ignore casing.
In the demo script , I have included a custom comparer function , which shows you how to randomize the content in select box.
This will make it easier for you , to build your own custom sorting mechanisms and extend the SelectSorter easy!
- Selects with size 1 had a problem with selecting the correct item again after the list was sorted.
- Added a minified version (jquery.selectsorter-min.js)
- Added better examples to the demo.html file.
- Fixed a bug in DESC sorting.
- Using the built in sort() function
- Added a default comparer called text_compare , to compare the option’s text
- The user can now use a custom comparer function , by passing the ‘comparer’ a function
- The speed is now greatly increased , did some speed tests on random_words select , and it went from 278ms to 20ms.
- Tried to add some description as to how to use the comparer.
- Sorts the given select
- Can sort in ASC or DESC directions
- Using bubblesort as the sorting algorithm
- Tested using jQuery 1.4.2
For all copyright issues about Free Download
Nulled, author contact: [email protected] We will remove this content! Thank you!